This form is for making a complaint about a lawyer. The Office of the Legal Services Commissioner receives all complaints about lawyers in NSW. We are unable to provide legal advice or legal assistance in relation to your matter. If you require legal assistance, please contact LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529.
After contacting our
toll-free Inquiry Line, persons wishing to make a complaint about a solicitor or barrister in New South
Wales, should complete a complaint form. Once submitted, it may take OLSC 6-8
weeks to assess your complaint.
Please read the following information before you complete this form.
- Fact sheets explaining how complaints in various areas of law are dealt with are available on our website at www.olsc.nsw.gov.au . You can also contact us for a hard copy.
- Unless there are good reasons not to, the law requires
you to attempt to resolve the matter before we take further action.
- Provide clear and detailed information about your matter. The information you provide on this form will help us to understand your complaint.
- Copies of any supporting documents relating to your complaint will need to be attached before submitting your complaint online.
- A separate complaint form must be completed if you would like to complain about more than one lawyer.
- In order to deal with your complaint it is generally a
requirement that we provide details of your complaint to the lawyer. This
usually means that we will provide a copy of your complaint to the lawyer.